Let me paint a little picture for you. It's 12:43am on a Wednesday night. I had a long day at work prepping a version of our current product for a review tomorrow, and came home knowing I needed to do an intelligent, relevant and reference-heavy post for at least one of my classes before going to bed.
It took awhile to get through the multiple chapters and online readings, and then formulate a "Discussion" that would "interest and stimulate" my "classmates to respond in kind"...so I ended up finally posting it around 12:20am or so and got up to get some sustenance. Yes, I know it's late. I've kind of refused to be overly concerned about my nutrition habits during this schooling; I'll try to curb the carbs and get exercise when I can but dammit, if I need some Cab to get me through a particular assignment, I'm having it...and its neighbor.
In any case, I'm in the kitchen getting the last of the Bota Box bag out into my glass and noticed the rather overripe avocado sitting on the oven mitt on my microwave. I've been meaning to use it in omelettes in the morning but haven't managed to get up in time the last few days; it's likely I'm going to be growing a science experiment if I don't hurry up and taste that green excellence. So, I figured...hmm, I've had a little wine, I could use some crackers and "guac" to soak it up, let's do it.
As I'm standing there (and if you've seen my apartment you know how the galley kitchen is and that my workstation is behind a wall from it and completely out of visual range), I hear a very low female voice murmuring something. I don't have my tv on, and I sure as hell didn't kick any YouTube vids off on the PC before getting up.
Total fawn in the woods frozen, knife in hand. WTF just happened and am I about to get attacked by fe-HAL?
Then I realized that my free virus protection (through Avast!, which cracks me up solely for its piratical bent) has a female VO system and it was probably just letting me know something had been updated. But for a New York minute there, I thought I was going to have to cut a bitch.
Good times.
It took awhile to get through the multiple chapters and online readings, and then formulate a "Discussion" that would "interest and stimulate" my "classmates to respond in kind"...so I ended up finally posting it around 12:20am or so and got up to get some sustenance. Yes, I know it's late. I've kind of refused to be overly concerned about my nutrition habits during this schooling; I'll try to curb the carbs and get exercise when I can but dammit, if I need some Cab to get me through a particular assignment, I'm having it...and its neighbor.
In any case, I'm in the kitchen getting the last of the Bota Box bag out into my glass and noticed the rather overripe avocado sitting on the oven mitt on my microwave. I've been meaning to use it in omelettes in the morning but haven't managed to get up in time the last few days; it's likely I'm going to be growing a science experiment if I don't hurry up and taste that green excellence. So, I figured...hmm, I've had a little wine, I could use some crackers and "guac" to soak it up, let's do it.
As I'm standing there (and if you've seen my apartment you know how the galley kitchen is and that my workstation is behind a wall from it and completely out of visual range), I hear a very low female voice murmuring something. I don't have my tv on, and I sure as hell didn't kick any YouTube vids off on the PC before getting up.
Total fawn in the woods frozen, knife in hand. WTF just happened and am I about to get attacked by fe-HAL?
Then I realized that my free virus protection (through Avast!, which cracks me up solely for its piratical bent) has a female VO system and it was probably just letting me know something had been updated. But for a New York minute there, I thought I was going to have to cut a bitch.
Good times.

Comments