Tasty Goodness, Tester-style
What may turn out to be the first annual Kirkland QAoke fest took place last Friday night, and I'm not sure I'm completely recovered yet. I had a great time, and I hope most of the attendees did as well. The participation was beyond any expectations I had, proof of which will be seen a little further down the blog, and rocked the house. Some things I learned from the evening:
- We don' need no stinkin' board games. Although I still think a game night (BYOB!) in general would be a good thing.
- Sometimes, dazzle lights ARE necessary.
- A good friend is worth their weight in songbooks.
- After enough microbrews, tequila CAN taste like chocolate. Really.
- With the right PA speakers, not even ping-pong is audible.
- We should perhaps rename Amaze to "Cage, Fish and Associates," considering the stellar vocal abilities of my coworkers.
- Shaved heads make great projection screens.
- Open mic poetry needs to be a standard feature of any Karaoke Nite I attend from now on.
- Adults are not built to crawl at top speed across berber carpet.
- Even in the darkest corner of the deepest room in the building, you can still get Rickrolled.
- Cool air flow....it's less common than you think!
- Drop-ins make the best cameos.
- Chris Isaak...patron saint of gamers?
I give HUGE props to all those who braved the unknown and grabbed that mic, and thank everyone for stopping in and making this little shindig so much fun. Now, onto the proof...where's the pudding?

Comments