Why I keep him around
Since these two English courses are ruining the act of blogging for me for a little while, I thought I'd just drop a quick one on ya.
I'm about to make my roommate a very happy man this evening. His boss has asked that he get some bandannas and wear them at work, to keep his hair back (of course) but also because "he looks weird in a hairnet."
Now, this is coming from Jim, who doesn't always understand everything perfectly, especially connotation and subtleties of the English language. (As afflicts most people when dealing with a second language.) But assuming that is what was said and intended, does anyone else find that an odd comment for a boss to make? I mean, he's REQUIRED to wear the hairnet by health code. And as far as I know, nobody can actually see the cooks from the floor. So why does she care? I haven't seen him in it (only the lines left across the forehead when he gets home) but dude has an ass-ton of hair, so I imagine it probably makes him look like a man-o-war jellyfish has perched itself atop his noggin.
Still...odd.
So, I stopped by Fred Meyer on the way home from a visit today to see what I could find. "Black or dark blue only, pless." quoth Jim. (Fred Meyer, which is rapidly becoming the go-to place for a LOT of things I never would've expected a few years ago.) I had to ask, because I wasn't sure where to look, and was directed to a variety of bandannas in the "Female Accessories" area. I wasn't sure they'd be big enough, even though they did have black, so I asked if there were more in a Men's area.
Now, some of you may know of Jim's favorite brand. If not, perhaps this poster, currently in the works of being tattooed across his back by James Kern of No Hope, No Fear tattoo in Portland, might give a wee clue.
Which meant it was to my great surprise that the response from the sales clerk was to go check in the Men's section by the jeans display, and my even greater surprise and pleasure that I found these.
For you see, Jim's favorite pair of lower-body wear after his cutoff jeans are a pair of knee-length camo man shorts. Which he calls his "bermudas."
Yeah, I know.
I'm about to make my roommate a very happy man this evening. His boss has asked that he get some bandannas and wear them at work, to keep his hair back (of course) but also because "he looks weird in a hairnet."
Now, this is coming from Jim, who doesn't always understand everything perfectly, especially connotation and subtleties of the English language. (As afflicts most people when dealing with a second language.) But assuming that is what was said and intended, does anyone else find that an odd comment for a boss to make? I mean, he's REQUIRED to wear the hairnet by health code. And as far as I know, nobody can actually see the cooks from the floor. So why does she care? I haven't seen him in it (only the lines left across the forehead when he gets home) but dude has an ass-ton of hair, so I imagine it probably makes him look like a man-o-war jellyfish has perched itself atop his noggin.
Still...odd.
So, I stopped by Fred Meyer on the way home from a visit today to see what I could find. "Black or dark blue only, pless." quoth Jim. (Fred Meyer, which is rapidly becoming the go-to place for a LOT of things I never would've expected a few years ago.) I had to ask, because I wasn't sure where to look, and was directed to a variety of bandannas in the "Female Accessories" area. I wasn't sure they'd be big enough, even though they did have black, so I asked if there were more in a Men's area.
Now, some of you may know of Jim's favorite brand. If not, perhaps this poster, currently in the works of being tattooed across his back by James Kern of No Hope, No Fear tattoo in Portland, might give a wee clue.
Which meant it was to my great surprise that the response from the sales clerk was to go check in the Men's section by the jeans display, and my even greater surprise and pleasure that I found these.For you see, Jim's favorite pair of lower-body wear after his cutoff jeans are a pair of knee-length camo man shorts. Which he calls his "bermudas."
Yeah, I know.

Comments