Cresting the Wave

I mentioned in a FB post that I needed to make a family crest, heraldic shield style, for one of my classes this semester.  It will, ultimately, accompany a seven-to-nine page paper about my family history, ethnicity, migration patterns and belief systems, as well as incorporate an explanation as to why I chose the things I did for this crest.  (And we did have specific guidelines as to what type of things were represented in each section.)  But, for tonight, being that it's 11:00pm and all, I'm posting the finished product as it stands now...no guarantees it won't be adjusted, but I'm fairly satisfied with it.


This was done with Clip Art, "Black and White only" settings on Google Image search, and Paint.  Remarkably facile tool...and thank goodness for micro-zoom and the pixel-by-pixel pencil capabilities. 


I'm sure anyone who actually speaks Gaelic is going to roll on the floor foaming at the Google translation, but it's SUPPOSED to say "Stand Alone Together."  Can't decide if I'm okay with the name banner being centered on the shadow rather than the line, but we'll see.  It'll be a lot of rework if I decide to change it, because I haven't yet figured out the "layers" functionality.  LOL.

Comments

Skye said…
I love it! Very nautical... I'd love to know what it represents.
Unknown said…
Yes, it looks really great. I so love the colors! What a paper that's going to be. You'll have to share it with me, so I can learn all about you and your ancestors.
Teresa said…
Ladies, I will do. :)

A little hint...I used imagery for both the paternal and maternal sides. So Thiessen = Danish (and a little German), and Fisher = Scots-Irish for the maternal.

Popular Posts