Auntsy
It boggles the mind to realize how much has happened since the last time I cracked open this blog and put virtual pen to paper simulacrum (the penchant for ten-dollar words remains unchanged):
Sitting here in Covid-19 quarantine, on lunch during WFH, and feeling the need to do something, to contribute, to create something instead of just lazing my way through each day, calling it an effort if I bother to put a bra on under my pajama top before Zooming into the morning sync. I know, I know: go easy on yourself, we're under an invisible burden of stress and fear, this is unprecedented times. It's all advice to be heeded.
I just think I've allowed myself enough leeway now to hold myself a bit more accountable going forward.
This reinvigorated sense of energy/urgency has made appearances over these past two, strange, months...fits and starts that accomplished one item on the to-do list and then bipped off to tantalize some other couch plopper. It's nice, now, to get a frisson of commitment from my intentions, although one uninterrupted night of good sleep is probably also a factor.
Still, the residual restlessness has been pinging out into the ether, trying to hone in on a target that satisfies all the requirements that go along with "doable during quarantine." Turns out the most logical but also most daunting option is home improvement, which makes a certain sense for this Virgo-rising Crab girl.
The desire to ping friends and family with ideas and plans is fine enough in theory, but I need to be judicious in that impulse for a few reasons:
- New residences (surely not a surprise)
- New jobs
- Illness and health issues (family and self)
- Relationships forming and falling apart
- Attempting to write a novel
- America showings its true colors and breaking our hearts in the process
Sitting here in Covid-19 quarantine, on lunch during WFH, and feeling the need to do something, to contribute, to create something instead of just lazing my way through each day, calling it an effort if I bother to put a bra on under my pajama top before Zooming into the morning sync. I know, I know: go easy on yourself, we're under an invisible burden of stress and fear, this is unprecedented times. It's all advice to be heeded.I just think I've allowed myself enough leeway now to hold myself a bit more accountable going forward.
This reinvigorated sense of energy/urgency has made appearances over these past two, strange, months...fits and starts that accomplished one item on the to-do list and then bipped off to tantalize some other couch plopper. It's nice, now, to get a frisson of commitment from my intentions, although one uninterrupted night of good sleep is probably also a factor.
Still, the residual restlessness has been pinging out into the ether, trying to hone in on a target that satisfies all the requirements that go along with "doable during quarantine." Turns out the most logical but also most daunting option is home improvement, which makes a certain sense for this Virgo-rising Crab girl.
The desire to ping friends and family with ideas and plans is fine enough in theory, but I need to be judicious in that impulse for a few reasons:
- It's less compelling a subject if you don't live in the midst of it
- I can be a bit obsessive when I get going
- My poor brother has already fielded his share of requests for advice, woodworking, and other project help

Comments