Gets me every time
I was browsing through iTunes this morning, looking for applications of all sorts to upload to my Touch, when I came across one called "Sunrise."
My curiosity piqued, I clicked on it, and found this description:
"Sunrise is a simple utility to calculate sunrise, solar noon, and sunset times, as well as the phase of the moon. By default, it shows the information for the current day, but Sunrise can calculate any day in the past or future.
Sunrise uses iPhone and iPod touch's ability to locate itself to determine the latitude and longitude for its calculations, so you don't have to pick a city or location -- it's automatic."
By now, I'm wondering what use this would be to the average consumer, unless you dove scuba and liked to calculate tides longhand, or to re-enact the denouement of the latest 'Pride and Prejudice' film. So I scrolled through the reviews, and noted that both pilots and hunters had recommend this application. Hmm, hadn't thought of those, since I have attempted neither profession in my lifetime, but okay, good on ya. There's a use.
Then I see this one:
************************************************************
Great for vampires! (5 stars)
"I love this app! No more burning up in a shriek-filled flash for me!"
************************************************************
Oh, you witty devils.
My curiosity piqued, I clicked on it, and found this description:
"Sunrise is a simple utility to calculate sunrise, solar noon, and sunset times, as well as the phase of the moon. By default, it shows the information for the current day, but Sunrise can calculate any day in the past or future.
Sunrise uses iPhone and iPod touch's ability to locate itself to determine the latitude and longitude for its calculations, so you don't have to pick a city or location -- it's automatic."
By now, I'm wondering what use this would be to the average consumer, unless you dove scuba and liked to calculate tides longhand, or to re-enact the denouement of the latest 'Pride and Prejudice' film. So I scrolled through the reviews, and noted that both pilots and hunters had recommend this application. Hmm, hadn't thought of those, since I have attempted neither profession in my lifetime, but okay, good on ya. There's a use.
Then I see this one:
************************************************************
Great for vampires! (5 stars)
"I love this app! No more burning up in a shriek-filled flash for me!"
************************************************************
Oh, you witty devils.

Comments
Anywho, I'll never need this feature but I l, I lo, I LOVE your P&P reference :)
(Actually, probably user related.)
Heh. I would love to meet the woman who can withstand that portrayal...and this from the person who never thought the Firth could be topped.