Terran Rover Settles In, Brings Something to the Table
I'd always been intrigued by the lyric "Our mum, she's so houseproud" in the song "Our House" by Madness, having never heard it used before, or really since, that early 80's MTV heyday. It wasn't until one of the Harry Potter books, discussing Aun
t Petunia's outlook on Little Whinging in general, that I ran across it again.
Not a phrase often used in 'merica, it seems.
As it turns out, I am, too. Funny, considering that my one-two punch of moving technique is to rid myself of anything extraneous by taking it to Goodwill/the Veev and to be on the hunt for the next best 'digs' on a regular basis. I am, as has been noted many times before, nothing if not true to my astrological sign....(hermit) Crab.
So, it has come as a great surprise that I've not only enjoyed being at my current apartment for almost two years....even though the DEEP CLEANING issue is starting to rear its ugly head...but that I've actually dug in, started hanging things on walls, and set out to fully realize my tamped-down interior decorator.
I present to you my room. It doesn't currently look like this, as laundry just happened in the usual weekend manner...explosive piles
of freshly-smelling goodness everywhere...but it doesn't usually take me too long to get it back to the baseline. And what makes me beam the most is that with the exception of the lamp base, the curtains (IKEA!), and the $.99 dresser/$4.99 paint supplies, everything else was already in my possession. Well, the patterned comforter cover was Yeem's but he wasn't using it, so it still falls under the heading of "plundered booty."
Not a phrase often used in 'merica, it seems.
As it turns out, I am, too. Funny, considering that my one-two punch of moving technique is to rid myself of anything extraneous by taking it to Goodwill/the Veev and to be on the hunt for the next best 'digs' on a regular basis. I am, as has been noted many times before, nothing if not true to my astrological sign....(hermit) Crab.
So, it has come as a great surprise that I've not only enjoyed being at my current apartment for almost two years....even though the DEEP CLEANING issue is starting to rear its ugly head...but that I've actually dug in, started hanging things on walls, and set out to fully realize my tamped-down interior decorator.
I present to you my room. It doesn't currently look like this, as laundry just happened in the usual weekend manner...explosive piles

Comments