The Princess and the Tiger
This has to be, quite possibly, the funniest thing I will ever accidentally come upon in my life. It is a perfect storm of humor, and the only credit I take is being lucky enough to have already had my camera phone out and on Video setting when it happened.
A little backstory.
Point the first: those of you who know of my karaoke obsession also know that there is only one human on the face of this earth who is worse than me...and I blame him for starting me down the road to addiction. He is my gateway drug, the one and only Alfredo ("Frederick? Oh HELL no!") 'Freddie' Lugtu. It is his house to which we sojourn for our singing fix, as he has the sweetest setup known to man in his den. Chaos and mayhem ensue, and we all leave hoarse, happy and slighty to completely inebriated.
Point the second: I've yet to invest in a video camera of any real quality, and so my attempts to document the hilarity come in one of two formats. Either a 20-second clip from my crap camera phone, or a slightly longer (up to a minute or so) and slightly more visible clip from my slightly less crap digital camera. It makes for disjointed and sometimes confusingly lit videos, but for the portability and instant access factor of my phone in this instance, I have no regrets.
Point the third: Freddie's first cat, Mischa, is a human in feline form, but has the distractingly worrying habit of getting stuck in the highest tree of the greenbelt behind Freddie's house. For days on end. And particularly when the snow is flying. Considering the state of Seattle for the past two days, I wouldn't be surprised to get a text from Freddie tomorrow saying he's back up there again. (Knock on wood, never again.) This particular Freddieoke party happened to fall the day that Mischa was finally retrieved after what I think was a five-day stint in said wilderness. The cat, thin as a rail and more subdued than I've ever seen a domestic animal in a house full of twelve people and two small children, was beat. And that fact is of great importance when processing what you are about to see.
I don't know what kills me more...the level of utter concern in Kayla's voice, Mischa's Gumby-like inability to fight that devil gravity, my failed attempts to maintain composure, or, as I mentioned on my Facebook post, the hilarious and highly inappropriate rendition of "Boom Boom Boom" being warbled in the background while all this was going on.
Absolute genius.

Comments